The contemporary rapid development of cities is manifested, among other things, by the progressive suburbanisation and the appearance of urban activities and behaviors in rural regions. There is noted the development of functions that are characteristic of cities or towns in the areas where there was a dominant agricultural function traditionally. At the same time, there is a displacement of traditional rural space by forms characteristic of suburban and urban areas. This problem affects the functional areas of large cities in particular.
These phenomena raise a number of questions about the impact of irrepressible urbanization on:
- protection of natural values,
- preservation of cultural heritage,
- maintaining the traditional character of the landscape of open outskirts of cities or towns and neighboring villages,
- forming boundaries of an urban agglomeration and a scope of its impact,
- possibilities of development of metropolitan functions and possibilities of development of service for residents in traditionally agricultural areas,
- possibilities and principles of controlling changes in the structure.
The conference aims to exchange experiences regarding planning and management of development of agglomeration areas exposed to investment pressure. The transformation of these areas is associated with the need to protect, preserve and expose their existing natural and cultural values and to implement solutions that respond to the climate and digital challenges. An important reference to these considerations is the concern for spatial order and improvement of conditions, comfort and quality of life of residents, also in the context of the anticipated amendment to the Spatial Planning and Land Development Act in Poland.
CONFERENCE THEMATIC AXES
- Changes and social risks associated with modern suburbanisation;
- Opportunities to enhance protection of the natural and cultural values of the areas undergoing transformations;
- Functional and spatial changes;
- Eco-friendly, energy-saving and intelligent solutions;
- Methods of planning and controlling transformations of the agglomeration structure.
We would like to consider the subject of the conference from different points of view, assuming that the interdisciplinary exchange of views allows us to shape new views and develop the most innovative approach. For this reason, we invite a wide range of scientists, specialists, local government officials and all those interested in shaping town or city space and its quality, as well as its functional areas.
The invitation is also addressed to doctoral students and students of Architecture, Urban Planning and Spatial Management, for whom we provide a poster session and the opportunity to make short statements.